Walk the Rock: Spring 2018 – Week 3
Congratulations to all of our walkers for passing the halfway point. Beginning a new health habit is so much easier than maintaining one and I wanted to take a moment to provide you with a few tips to help you keep yourself motivated.
- Remind yourself of your intention: You began with a goal, intention, or at least one reason for joining this challenge. When you feel yourself drifting away from that goal take a moment to reflect on your intention or to establish a new one. Your reasons for motivation are you own and can be as simple as stress relief, to help you sleep better, or to help you train for a marathon. Here are a few intentions from your fellow walkers.
- “My intention is to be a good role model for my daughter and her girl scout troop….I hope to model taking care of myself, not only physically, but also mentally, by taking time to take care of myself.”
- “My intention for the walk the rock challenge is just to get outside. I already workout, so for me this is more about grounding my energy, stepping outside of my normal routine and connecting with nature and the outdoors.”
- “Me time”!
- Use your team: There is a reason this is a team walking challenge and that is to provide you with support and encouragement from likeminded people who are going through a similar experience. Use them and make a date for a walk. Make your movement as informal as it needs to be to get you up and moving!
- Switch it up: It’s ok if you get board, there is no rule that says you have to do the same exercise day in day out. Movement is movement and doing something is always better than doing nothing. Take advantage of this week’s challenge and do something different. You’ll never know what you like until you try.
Walk The Rock Cumulative Team Ranking
|Team Name||Total Steps|
|1||Rock the Walk||1517248|
|2||Walk it Like it’s Hot ?||1263659|
|4||Chicks with Kicks||1229044|
|5||Fish Out of Water||1176653|
|6||Three Girls and a Guy||1096101|
|7||66120 Rocks and Walks||1085962|
|9||All About that Badass||1023957|
|14||The Pineapple Squad||938321|
|15||The fLASH Walkers||905736|
|17||The Holy Walkamolies||875537|
|19||Fair Weather Fitness Friends||684308|
Top 10 Steppers
|3||Jeffrey Beamish II||398674|
Week 3 Team Totals
|Team Name||Total Steps|
|1||Rock the Walk||470699|
|2||Chicks with Kicks||466884|
|3||Walk it Like it’s Hot ?||446769|
|4||Fish Out of Water||399107|
|6||Three Girls and a Guy||374788|
|8||66120 Rocks and Walks||364789|
|9||All About that Badass||336393|
|10||The fLASH Walkers||333545|
|12||The Pineapple Squad||320622|
|17||The Holy Walkamolies||291751|
|19||Fair Weather Fitness Friends||204093|
Week 3 – Top 10 Steppers
|3||Jeffrey Beamish II||142164|
Leave a Reply