Fitness – We are born to move!
Our bodies are built for movement and the modern day routine has caused us to drastically cutback on the amount of activity we get on a daily basis. Physical activity does a lot more for our bodies and our health than allow us to feel confidant in a bathing suit. Movement allows us to feel better physically, loosening up our stiff joints and tight muscles, it makes us happier and reduces stress by producing endorphins and ultimately allowing us to be more productive in our everyday life.
Finding wellness doesn’t need to be an all or nothing effort and we tend to overlook or not realize how simple it can be to add a little physical activity into our lives. MiniNutrition is all about setting mini goals and making small changes that will lead to a large and lasting impact on your life and your health, both physically and mentally.
With that being said we challenge you to just start moving… It’s as simple as that. As incentive to move MiniNutrition will be hosting the “Walk the Rock” Nantucket Community Walking Challenge. Working with individuals on a daily basis to improve health habits we have found that team support is always a wonderful tool to help people create positive health changes. It is our hope that this team challenge will foster group support as a way to have fun while maintaining health.
This walking challenge aims to inspire. It is our hope that this challenge will provide you with tangible results, the amount of steps you walk daily, and encouragement to add a little more movement into your life. So join MiniNutrition as we Walk The Rock!
Walking Challenge Breakdown
Here’s the drill…
Form a team of four friends, family members, colleagues, or peers for the 6-week walking challenge that will begin April 10, 2023.
*Fee for Walk the Rock is $30pp ($120/team)
Registration for the Spring 2023 will open in March 18th.
This is a friendly competition based on the honor system…
- Each complete team of four members will try and accumulate as many step as possible by walking, jogging, hiking, or participating in any activity that requires you to move your feet for the next 6 weeks.
- NEW for 2023: Weekly nutrition education will be shared and bonus challenges will provide you the opportunity to implement what you learn.
- Daily steps must be collected using an application on your smart phone, fitbit, or any other instrument you have that can calculate your steps.
- This Walking Challenge will begin April 10, 2023 and run through May 21, 2023.
- At the end of each week the team captain will collect the step count from each of their teammates (the week runs from Monday – Sunday) and submit them via THIS LINK.
- The team captain is responsible for submitting the weekly step count for each team member no later than Tuesday at 12:00pm.
- We will post the updated team rankings no later than Wednesday mornings at the bottom of this page.
- At the end of the challenge the winning team will be announced.
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED. PLEASE CONTACT US WITH ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS.
Why focus on fitness?
At MiniNutrition our philosophy that health is all about finding balance and ensuring that we are putting in an effort to nurture all three pillars of wellness; nutrition, physical activity, and self-wealth.
Congratulations to “Making Strides” for winning the 8th annual Walking Challenge
Jane Bourette – MJ Mojer – Katie Dehertough – Mary Howell
Walk The Rock Cumulative Team Ranking
|2||Walking on Sunshine||2,723,544|
|3||Three Girls & A Guy||2,675,110|
|4||Walk It Like It’s Hot||2,463,492|
|7||Hanging By A Tread||2,053,272|
|8||No Breaks, All Gas||1,909,640|
|9||NCH Nurses & Teachers||1,227,791|
|10||DUNN With Winter||720,173|
Top 10 Steppers
Week 6 – Team Totals
|3||Three Girls & A Guy||394049|
|4||Walking on Sunshine||392369|
|6||Walk It Like It’s Hot||380682|
|7||Hanging By A Tread||338329|
|8||No Breaks, All Gas||302162|
|9||NCH Nurses & Teachers||192514|
|10||DUNN With Winter||0|
Step Total – Individual
|18||Mary Ellen Dineen||587754|