How many times have you begun a new fitness journey, only to have it quickly fade away? With any new routine keeping up the momentum can be a challenge. So, before that spark fades use these three tips to help you find the inspiration and motivation to keep movement in your life for the long haul.
(1) Find a partner in fitness that motivates and inspires you. (2) Choose an activity you enjoy doing. Some day’s it’s hard enough to find the energy to get up and get moving, even when it is something you love to do. So, why make it harder on yourself? (3)Add variety to your routine. As much as you may love to walk, run, spin, or do yoga, some days you just need a change. Encourage yourself to try a new class, new instructor, or even a different time of day to exercise. These small little changes may be all you need to renew your enthusiasm for fitness.
Tips to Tackle Week 4
1. Try out a local fitness class: We are lucky to have so many different fitness class options on this island, and there is most definitely a fit for everyone. If you’re a little nervous to walk into that class for the first time, ask one of your teammates to join you.
Here are a few of my favorite classes:
- Sculpt & Weights @ Nantucket Cycling and Fitness
- All Levels Flow @ The Yoga Room
- Cardio Boxing with Lorna Dollery
2. Get outdoors: There are great ways to explore the island without walking or jogging. Grab a bike, or even a pair of rollerblades and get out and explore the wonderful network of bike paths that criss cross Nantucket.
3. Stay at home: The worldwide web is a fabulous resource to use when you only have a short window of time to squeeze some movement in. YouTube has an endless supply of free exercise videos for you to explore.
Bonus Challenge: This weeks challenge is to participate in an activity that doesn’t significantly increase your step count. You must participate in the activity for a minimum of 30 minutes to be awarded an added bonus of 6,000 steps.
Examples: Biking, swimming, surfing, kayaking, SUP boarding, spinning, and yoga.
Walk The Rock Cumulative Team Ranking
|Team Name||Total Steps|
|2||Walk this Way||1457163|
|5||Take a Hike||1354226|
|8||Walk It Like It’s Hot||1275088|
|9||Fish Out of Water||1233421|
|12||Ladies of the Rock…LOTR||1061325|
|13||Three Girls and a Guy||1055954|
|15||This is Us||1041048|
|16||No Mo Junk in Da Trunk||1011093|
|17||Heart and Soles||961958|
|18||The CPS Girls||904812|
|19||Team Suh Dude||876280|
|20||We like to move it move it||868415|
|24||Slow Motion to the Ocean||755967|
Top 10 Steppers
Week 3 Team Totals
|Team Name||Total Steps|
|2||Walk this Way||518858|
|3||Take a Hike||507982|
|6||Fish Out of Water||449870|
|8||Walk It Like It’s Hot||438302|
|10||No Mo Junk in Da Trunk||399922|
|11||This is Us||393758|
|13||Ladies of the Rock…LOTR||376104|
|15||Three Girls and a Guy||361147|
|17||Team Suh Dude||346516|
|18||Heart and Soles||343679|
|19||The CPS Girls||341372|
|20||We like to move it move it||304794|
|25||Slow Motion to the Ocean||280396|
Week 3 – Top 10 Steppers